Great to see that you’ve purchased a Tommee Tippee Travel Microwave and Sterilizer bag. To help you get started and to keep it working effectively, we’ve added all the guidance you should need, plus some handy hints, tips and troubleshooting advice.
What can I sterilize in a Tommee Tippee Travel and Microwave Sterilizer Bag?
Tommee Tippee Travel and Microwave Sterilizer bags are for use with breast pumps, bottles, pacifiers, bottles and feeding accessories (except bottle brushes and any other metallic items). The bag will hold up to 2 Tommee Tippee Bottles, a Tommee Tippee Manual Breast Pump, 2 Tommee Tippee Silicone Breast Pumps or a Tommee Tippee Electric Breast Pump (washable parts only).
It’s an ideal travel bag for use to transport your breast pump with you while you are on the go
1. Wash all items in warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
2. Pour 2 fl oz (60ml) water into the sterilizing bag using your Tommee Tippee bottle
3. Place items into sterilizing bag, making sure the bag isn't overfilled.
4. Close the zip seal up to the stop mark. This makes sure there is a 5cm gap for steam to escape.
5. Place the sterilizing bag into the center of the microwave, ensuring the bag is upright. Follow the instructions for your microwave. Microwave on high power using this guide:
Be sure to follow the time chart as heating longer than the recommended time may distort the shape of the items inside
6. Allow to cool for at least 2 minutes before removing from the microwave.
7. The bag will be hot after sterilizing. Protect your hands with an oven glove, then remove from the microwave by holding the cool area of the bag.
8. There will be residual water in the base of the bag. To remove the water, hold the bag in the cool area as indicated and pour the water away from you into the sink. Do not fully unzip the bag before removing the residual water.
9. Once the residual water is removed, your items will be ready for use. Or you can slide the zip seal closed to transport your items. They will remain sterile for up to 24 hours
10. Tick the boxes on the bag after each use to ensure the bag is only used a maximum of 30 times; after this we cannot guarantee optimum sterilization.
11. After you have used your items, you can put dirty items back in the travel bag for storage whilst in transit.
12. Before re-using the bag in the microwave ensure that all items and the bag have been cleaned with warm soapy water and rinsed.
My Travel and Microwave and Sterilizer bag has popped open while sterilizing? What shall I do?
If you don’t leave a gap for steam to escape when heating in the microwave (i.e. the bag is fully zipped), then the bag will pop open during sterilization. If this happens, the items inside the bag will not be sterile and you will need to repeat the sterilization process again.
How many times can I use my Travel Microwave and Sterilizer bag?
Record each use using the tick boxes on the bag and dispose of the sterilizing bag responsibly after 30 uses.