How to install your Gro Anywhere Blind
1. Make sure the window you want to attach the blind to is clean, especially where you’re going to attach the suction cups.
2. Starting with an upper corner of the window, work across the top first, then down the sides, and finally along the bottom.
3. As you go around the window, adjust the size of the blind to fit using the Velcro patches.
My Gro Anywhere Blind won’t stick to a window. What can I do?
Sometimes the suction cups on your Gro Anywhere Blind get flattened and won’t stick effectively to your window (this happens with new blinds and blinds that have been stored for a while).
The suction cups stick better when the surface and the suction cups are clean and free from dirt. Changes in temperature or humidity may also mean the cups lose suction.
To achieve the best suction:
1. Clean the window you with soap and water. De-grease the glass with rubbing alcohol if necessary. Ordinary bathroom orwindow cleaners can leave a residue. Wipe clean with a soft lint-free cloth.
2. If necessary, wash the suction cups with warm, soapy water, rinse and pat them dry with a lint-free cloth.. Make sure both the inside of the suction cups and your window are clean and dry before application.
3. To improve suction and help keep the seal tight, dampen your fingertip with water and lightly moisten the inner rim of the suction cup. This helps create a tighter seal. The key is to not get too much moisture… just barely enough to coat the surface.
4. Press the centre of each suction cup all the way down firmly to the glass and keep firm pressure for about 15 seconds. Then gently release the pressure until all the air bubbles inside are released, to firmly seal the cups to the surface. You’re trying to push all of air trapped between the suction cup and the window out from behind the suction cup. Try not to let the suction cups slide. If they slide easily you might have used too much moisture.
5. The closer the suction cups and the window are in temperature, and the closer this is to ‘room’ temperature, the better results you will have.
6. The suction cups may need to be ‘burped’ periodically by pressing down on them to remove any air that may have seeped in.
If a suction cup still won’t stick
1. Try rolling it between your fingers to reshape it.
2. If the suction cup has become flattened or deformed, place it carefully in hot water for 2-3 minutes. This will help ‘make it more flexible, allowing it to return to its normal shape.
How do I remove a Gro Anywhere Blind?
When it’s time to remove your blind, or if you are taking it down to go on holiday, remember:
1. Don’t grab the blind and pull. You risk serious damage to your window glass if you do this. Simply pull on the release tab of each individual suction cup to break the suction. This lets air in and the suction cup stops sucking without causing damage to the cup edge.
2. Please do not pull on the blind to remove it from your window. Not only do you risk damaging the blind and eyelets, but you could damage the window itself.
Where can I use a Gro Anywhere Blind?
You can safely apply a Gro Anywhere Blind to normal single or double-glazed windows in good condition.
Do not use your Gro Anywhere Blind on windows that have damaged edges, visible chips, cracks or any other glass or frame damage. Do not use on laminated, textured/patterned or leaded glass or windows with internal wire strengthening.
The Gro Company will not be held responsible for any glass breakage resulting from use of the Gro Anywhere Blind.