Help – there’s no or very little suction. What can I do?
It’s most likely that there’s some air getting in somewhere, which means the pump won’t work properly.
- Make sure that the horn forms a comfortable seal around your breast. Adjust your position if you need to.
- Check that the diaphragm cup is sitting on the top of the pump body. Make sure it’s been pushed down all the way around the top of the circumference to make a good seal.
- Check that the connector rod is sitting properly in the diaphragm cup. The rod should be pushed through so that the big part sits under, and the small part sits above the base of the diaphragm.
- Check that there are no tears on the diaphragm cup.
- Check the valve is clean and opens easily. Give it a gentle squeeze if it’s stuck.