Swaddling is a simple, time-tested practice that can help soothe your little one...
The Advantages of Swaddling Explained
The aim of swaddling is to help your little one feel snug and secure as they sleep, just like they felt in the womb.
It’s a simple, time-tested practice that can help soothe your little one. So, read on to learn more about all the benefits swaddling can bring...
What are the benefits of swaddling?
- You may find that swaddling helps to calm your baby, meaning that they settle easier and sleep for longer – remember and when baby sleeps for longer, you do too!
- Gently wrapping your baby in a swaddle can also prevent unnecessary wake-ups caused by wriggly arms and legs as it suppresses their startle reflex.
- Newborns can feel soothed by swaddling as it mimics the warmth and comfort of the womb. So very like feeling at home!
- When your baby is swaddled, they can’t scratch their face as they sleep – a big plus for all newborn photo ops!
- Sleeping in a hands-over-heart position is often preferred by babies. Swaddling encourages this and ausing a safe, back-sleeping position. Remember, placing your baby on their back to sleep reduces risk of SIDS and helps to self-soothe and get back to sleep on their own.
- Swaddling also encourages your baby to adopt a ‘frog-legged’ sleeping position, which is important for correct hip development. Tommee Tippee’s SNUGFIT™ swaddles are recognised by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute as ‘healthy hip products’.
- Swaddling keeps your baby warm and eliminates the need for extra blankets in their cot.
The pieces in our Tommee Tippee swaddle range are designed to be snug up top and wriggly down below! There’s something for everyone, from playful prints to classic marl jersey.
For those little ones who are starting to prefer ‘arms out’ sleep, look to our transitional Swaddlebag for the next sleep stage.
We’ve got you covered!