We know that in order to get the most from your pump, comfort and fit are really important. Your Tommee Tippee In-Bra Wearable pump comes with unique features that're designed to help.
Our smart ConstantComfort™ technology is specially designed to mimic your baby’s natural suckling motion and holds your pump(s) securely in place for an effective, yet gentle pumping experience.
Intensity and mode
Once your pump is aligned, fits well and is comfortable to wear, the only thing left is to choose your preferred settings. We offer two modes, massage, and expression.
- Massage mode (also called Stimulation) encourages the initial let down of milk. A lower pressure is applied at a higher frequency, similar to how babies initially suck when they first latch on.
- Expression mode effectively and efficiently draws milk out after let-down at a lower frequency in the same way that babies do when drinking milk. Choose between eight pressure levels to find the most comfortable, most effective setting for you.
In the app, you can switch between massage and expression mode whenever you like, because every person and every session is different.
- We include 24mm and 28mm horns / flanges as standard so you can choose the one that is most comfortable for you.
- With the horn / flange disassembled from the pump body, place it over your breast to assess fit.
- We recommend measuring the diameter of your nipple so you’re familiar with your size.
- If the 24mm and 28mm horns/flanges don’t fit comfortably, you can order alternative sizes free of charge here.
Aligning your nipple
Correct nipple alignment is a key factor in breast milk expression, much like a deep latch when breastfeeding. To help, your new Tommee Tippee pump includes a unique nipple alignment guiding light that makes it easy to align your nipple, even in low-light.
The nipple alignment guide is a red light that projects out of the horn and onto your breast when you first turn on the pump. This light helps you guide your nipple into the centre of the horn which we know is important for both comfort and output.
To use the nipple alignment light…
- Turn your pump on and direct the red spotlight towards your nipple
- Hold your breast with your other hand and move the pump closer to your nipple, ensuring the centre of the spotlight stays in the centre of your nipple until the pump is in place.
Bra strap adjusters
Another important consideration is the fit of your pump in your bra. Too much compression can feel uncomfortable, too little can feel insecure. We’ve included bra adjusters in your pack just in case you need them. Hook them on to your nursing bra to extend the cup.